Each company strives to improve its position not only in the national, but also in the international market. Not only the quality of services, the cost of products and service play a big role, but also the management of natural resources, environmental impact control at all stages of the production cycle and the range of services. This can be achieved through voluntary environmental certification, the introduction of an environmental management system (environmental management system) in accordance with the requirements of the iSO 14000 international standards.
The "Environmental Management System" introduced at the company in December 2005, which meets the requirements of ISO STB 14001-2005, plays a major role in improving environmental safety and stability. Moving in step with the times, in December 2017, the transition to a new, more advanced version of the ISO 14001-2017 STB series standard was implemented. The new requirements have been certified by the SSA and a certificate of compliance has been obtained certifying that the environmental management (management) system for oil transportation fully meets the new requirements.
The main areas of environmental activity of JSC "Gomeltransneft Druzhba" are:
- Compliance with all environmental legislation requirements;
- Environmental monitoring;
- Planning and organizing environmental work;
- Continuous improvement and improvement of environmental activities;
- Preventing and localizing emergencies
- Diagnostics of the pipeline and reservoir park to prevent and prevent adverse effects on the environment;
- Ensuring conditions for reducing emissions of harmful substances into the atmosphere, water and energy consumption, reducing the amount of waste produced and other negative impacts on the environment;
- The development, purchase and implementation of the technologies, materials used in oil pumping, which are safest for the environment and the population;
- mandatory environmental review of projects of newly constructed and reconstructed facilities, raw materials, equipment used;
- Preparation and enforcement of the conditions for repairing and maintaining main pipelines;
- improving the production culture and environmental literacy of JSC staff at all levels.
Improving the competitiveness of the company, the reliability of its work dictates its conditions. This is the need to replace outdated equipment, move to a new level of management of the oil pumping process, expand the reservoir fleet, increase the capacity of the pipeline.
JSC "Gomeltransneft Druzhba" has made certain commitments on environmental protection, environmental management and environmental safety, which are set out in the "Policy on quality, health and environment of the JSC "Gomeltransneft Druzhba".
The Environmental Management Programme is being developed annually, including measures to comply with environmental regulations, reduce energy consumption, reduce pollutant emissions and education waste production, improving environmental education, improving the environmental management system, the implementation of which is an absolute requirement for JSC.
The company's ecological and economic sustainability is a stable balanced development and an increase in the ecological image in the conditions of effective and effective management, aimed at minimizing negative economic and environmental and the social consequences of its functioning as part of an environmental and economic system characterized by a sustained reduction in environmental damage.